Monday, June 12 – Saturday, June 17, 2017
Cello, Flute, Piano, Viola, Violin
Monday, June 19 – Saturday, June 24, 2017
Bass, Cello, Guitar, Piano, Viola, Violin
Placement Video Due: March 15, 2017
The unique combination of superb facilities, highly motivated students, a rich musical environment, and the Colorado Rocky Mountains makes this Advanced Suzuki Program a memorable and rewarding experience. The Vilar Performing Arts Center and other resort facilities provide a pleasant music education setting.
The Colorado Suzuki Institute is sponsored by Colorado Institute of Music, Inc. a 501c3 tax exempt organization, and hosted by Beaver Creek Resort Company.
The Colorado Institute of Music promotes and supports excellence in music education worldwide. Our mission is to have the beauty and power of music bring joy and love into the lives of all people.
- Inspire a love of music and a desire for excellence and achievement for each musician.
- Create an enhanced sense of his or her unique strengths and abilities in each musician.
- Provide an environment of excellence where musicians can experience the satisfaction of accomplishment.
- Promote and support the bond between musicians.
- Create an environment that inspires cooperation and de-emphasizes competition.
Minimum performance levels
- Bass: Suzuki book 6 and up
- Cello: Suzuki Book 6 and up
- Flute: Suzuki Book 7 and up
- Guitar: Suzuki Book 7 and up
- Piano: Suzuki Book 7 and up
- Violin: Suzuki Book 8 and up
- Viola: Suzuki Book 6 and up
Prepare an audition video recording representing your level of proficiency in solo repertoire. Post your video audition to YouTube and include the link on your registration application. Directions for posting YouTube auditions Include two contrasting movements or pieces.
Recordings must be received by March 15 in order to be considered.
Fill out and submit the Advanced Suzuki Program Chamber Music PLACEMENT FORM.
When you press ‘submit’ you receive a confirmation email with a link to the teacher recommendation form. Email the online recommendation form link to your private teacher.
Your private teacher will need to complete the recommendation form in order for your application to be considered complete.
Upon receipt of your fees, and teacher recommendation we will email to you confirmation of your application and payment.
If you are staying in the teen lodge housing, we make that lodging reservation for you.
All teen lodge fees are due in full by April 5 or your teen lodge reservation will be cancelled.
If you are not staying in the teen lodge, you will need your musical confirmation number from the paid in full invoice to make your lodging reservations at the discounted rates on our website.
You will be sent links to your chamber music assignment in early May.
See you in June!