Piano Duet Form Deadline: April 1, 2017
The Piano Duet Class Reservation is due before April 1, 2017 in order to participate in a piano duet class.
Only if you prepare your ensemble music to complete fluency will this class be appropriate for you.
Remember, you are learning BOTH parts of your selected duet(s). Learn one duet fluently before you choose to learn the other duet in your level. Playing opportunities are broader if you learn one duet fluently than if you learn both duet pieces but neither to fluency. Duets will be played in class and performed using music.
Fluency includes the following:
1. Rhythmic accuracy-
Ability to count the beats and subdivisions
Proper speed, refer to the metronome marking
2. Note accuracy plus rests, slurs, staccatos, dynamics, etc.
3. Ability to listen to the other part and coordinate with the other part
4. Ability to begin playing from any measure
- Rhythmic accuracy
- Ability to count the beats and subdivisions
- Proper speed, refer to the metronome markings
- Note accuracy plus rests, slurs, staccatos, dynamics, etc.
- Ability to listen to the other part and coordinate with it
- Ability to begin playing from any measure
Ensemble 1: Beginning Readers (~ Suzuki early Book 2—Bach Minuets)
- Kaleidoscope Duets, Book 1, by Jon George, Alfred Publishing
Shepherds Flute (pages 12-13) MM quarter note = 92
- Black Key Suite, by Robert Vandall, Myklas Press
No.1 Echo Waltz (pages 2-5) MM quarter note = 120
Ensemble 2: Suzuki late Book 2, early book 3 (~ Beethoven Sonatina in G major, Clementi Op. 36, No. 1)
- Just for Two, duet book I, by Dennis Alexander, Alfred Publishing
Cinnamon Popcorn (pages 10-13) MM quarter note = 120
- Dances for Two, by Catherine Rollin, Alfred Publ.
Tarantella Brillante (pages 26-31) MM quarter note= 112
Ensemble 3: Suzuki Book 3 -Early Book 4 (~ Kuhlau Sonatina, Mozart Minuet)
- Sneaky Fox Boogie, by Emilie Lin, FJH Music Co., Inc. Publ.; MM quarter note = 144
- In Recital Duets, Book 3, Vol. 1, by Helen Marlais, FJH Music Co.
Chopsticks (pages 20-23) MM quarter note = 176
Ensemble 4: Suzuki Book 4 (~ Beethoven Sonata in G major, Bach Gigue)
- In the Key of Jazz- Duets, by Kevin Olson and Edwin McLean, FJH Music Co.
Grove Town ; MM quarter note = 120
- The Phantom, by Melody Bober, FJH Music Co. MM quarter note = 160
Ensemble 5: Suzuki Book 5 (~ Fur Elise to Le Coucou)
- The All-American Hometown Band, by Walter & Carl Noona, Heritage Music Press, Publ.; MM quarter note = 126
- A Rock’ n’ Roll Tune for Twenty Finger: Freezing Hot! by Catherine McMichael; MM quarter note = 152
find at www.lorenz.com or * www.catherinemcmichael.com (* version can by emailed as a pdf file)
Ensemble 6: Suzuki Book 6 and beyond (~ Mozart Sonata in C major, K. 330)
- Rhapsody Grandioso by Melody Bober, Alfred Publishing (For level 6, only one duet is listed)
MM quarter note = 92-100