The Colorado Suzuki Institute is proud to offer partial work/study scholarships to both students and teachers in support of tuition costs only. Work/study scholarships of up to $500 are awarded to highly qualified candidates based on the following criteria:
- Musical ability of the applicant demonstrated through an online video audition
- Programming needs of the Institute
- Financial needs of the participant
Applications will only be considered complete when all portions of the application have been received.
To be considered for work/study scholarship assistance, students and teachers must submit the scholarship application packet received on or before February 15 including:
- Completed scholarship application
- One audition video uploaded onto YouTube (instructions for uploading files to YouTube)
- Application fee of $10. (Non-refundable)
- 2 Recommendation forms (completed through an online form. The link to this recommendation form will be emailed to you when you submit the application form. It is your responsibility to email that link directly to your references. Be sure you allow time for them to submit that form by February 15.
- A copy of pages 1 and 2 from your IRS tax form 1040 from the most current year. Scan and email to email@example.com or postal mail to: Colorado Suzuki Institute, 373 Clermont St., Denver, CO 80220-5641
Institute scholarship awardees (or a parent if the awardee is less than 18 yr. old) are required to provide 10 hours of service to CSI in the form of ushering or piano accompanying.
Our work/study policy requires that you pay in full and complete your work/study agreement at Beaver Creek. You will be mailed a work/study payment check on July 1.
All scholarship applicants are notified by mail by March 15.
Scholarship assistance is available, but it is limited. Please also consider investigating your local community (religious groups, schools, arts, civic organizations such as Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc & private donors) for alternate sources of financial aid.